Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Potential Downtime

I'm doing some major swapping on the hard-drive and probably having to reinstall windows today on two computers.  So there is a good chance there will be some major downtime tonight and into tomorrow as I bring everything back up.  I'm already sad - when I started my backup I didn't realize my external would vape all the old stuff it had on it from my last backup, so I lost a LOT of movies and probably some software as well that I had saved from years back.

But, I'll be going from 300GB to 2.25TB of space so I can be a digital pack-rat and install all my steam games at once and have movies and whatnot :3

8 comments:

  1. You may want to look into setting up a FreeNAS system. Put two giant hard drives in that, set them up in RAID1, keep all your big files on that. Works very well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot~ I wish I would have kept backups of my disk.

    All I have are blank cd's with various eroges on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel obligated to point out that RAID is not a backup system; if you delete and/or corrupt all your files on the disks, they're still gone. RAID is just a way to keep hardware failure at bay (or to transparently stripe smaller disks together.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope nobody will grudgeAs we wait for another update of this great game is there some other game like this one (I know for Nimin and Flexible survival)? It doesn't need to be furry fetish. Just sexual content. :)

    P.S. Sorry for my awful English.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @dorkulon correct, though a raid 1 gives data redundancy in case a drive fails. Anyways the thing that cost me some data was the way my usb drive's backup software handles things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an external and 2 portable externals just for backups

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am fully aware that RAID is not backup - I am suggesting RAID as a target to backup to.

    ReplyDelete