Sunday, August 28, 2011

Moar Progress Reports

Progress:
I've been working hard on clearing up any typos and bug reports for Marble I've gotten so far.  Expect an updated build tomorrow night to resolve most of the issues.   I wish I kept logs of my total time streaming but I think I hit at least 5 or six hours of stream-time again today.  Kelt (the centaur encounter) got almost half of his texts put into code and marble is starting to get a bit less buggy.  If I keep pounding away at the code like this I'd expect to have Kelt done within a week.  For reference Kelt is a 20+ page file, just like Marble was.   Personally I like Kelt a bit more because its more S&M and less touchy-feely, but that's just me.  I can't wait to have both up and working at 100%!

GET A TASTE!

Next Game Plans:
I figured out some ideas in the shower today here they are in random order:
  • Next Game will be sci-fi themed, in a universe where cum and breastmilk are in high demand.  Cum for medical research and genetic experimentation and breastmilk as a prized foodstuff of the rich.  The player will play the role of a "Collector" who makes a living managing a slave and his/her/hir output.  By law, Collectors may only manage one 'producer', so when you tire of a character you'll be able to sell them off or retire them to a personal harem.

  • Obviously items will have to be usable on multiple characters and save files will get larger to handle all the additional data.

  • Items will generally be much more specific than in CoC.

  • The game is planned to support pictures, though not for all events. 

  • I'll start on the game whenever I figure out how to work full time on these games, or when I 'complete' CoC.  So worst case scenario - about a year or two from now.  Best case scenario?  6-7 months if I get a paysite rolling.

  • Its hella-ambitious and I'll be lucky to get half of it done.


Lame Stuff:
I am doing a bit of a donation drive to try and get caught up on my bills.  Basically if I get decent donations on any given day/night I try to make up for it by getting off work early and streaming my heart out.  Last night I got $65, which helps.  If I could get a few hundred it would get my last few bills that are behind out of the hole.

<3 You All!

8 comments:

  1. Not to shatter your dreams Fen, but someone else has this started.
    http://thattextgame.blogspot.com/
    I can't tell, but it looks like it's using your old code.
    But, I'm more interested in the kind of perversions yours might run to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is if you look on the bottom of his page he put and I quoit

    "-I'll be using Fenoxo's UnnamedTextGame Source (Thanks!) to base this off of"

    but I think you guys mite get alone and help eatchorther if he has ortha people helping him maby that can help you you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nightshade/Fur-man
    Looking through that blog and comparing it with Fen's idea... Not quite the same thing.

    "That Text Game" seems to just be a Sci-Fi version of CoC or UTG, whereas Fen's new game seems to be more of a Sci-Fi, transformation-based version of Slavemaker.

    Another fundamental difference that won't be so obvious is that Fen will be making an entirely new engine for his game, whereas "TTG" is using his UTG engine, which is already a generation behind, so to speak.

    In the end, I think they'll wind up like CoC and Nimin. Similar games in content and theme, but with very different approaches, and both very enjoyable. Though I must admit I'm looking forward to Fen's game a bit more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Sci-fi story sounds like an interesting mix between Slavemaker and CoC, can't wait to hear more about it. Of course it looks like CoC still needs some work (not that I mind of course), and it seems like you have some problems with bills.

    I would love to help out, but money is a bit tight for me as well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey just a quick thought, maybe you might consider adapting the way you do releases so that donations are a bit more encouraged.

    Someone who seems to have a pretty good system is "Anonymous Man" (he does a RAGS game called cursed over on this blog http://anonymousmangames.blogspot.com/ )

    The idea being that you need to make a living, and that the more you get in donations, the more time you can devote to working on the game versus, working at your job.
    So maybe something along the lines of:
    If you reach a certain level of donations in a set time period (a donation meter would be perfect, then you'll do an extra long coding stream. If not, then you'll just keep on trucking at whatever pace you can.


    Just a suggestion, keep up the great work, and I'll be looking forward to watching how the game continues to expand!

    ReplyDelete