Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Should I Release a New WIP?

A coworker talked me into buying RIFT today, which means I'll actually be doing something with my free time other than spending it with my family or working on this game sometimes.  Which means I'll have less time to work on the game, which means delaying it further.

I still intend to stream some coding and be up shoving some texts in tomorrow night (via stream maybe), but I'm wondering if I should go ahead and put up some disclaimers and start a bug-text pass on what I have so I can update the WIP build, or keep working (when I'm not gaming) and get a release here after a few more events get done (see my last to-do list a few posts down).

There is a poll on the right for your input!
Democracy has spoken.  I'll get a WIP build compiled when I end my stream tomorrow night, then send it off to everyone on my bug-test list.  I'll let that stew a few days then bug/typo fix and put up a new WIP build for you guys hopefully within the week.

11 comments:

  1. If your worried about people getting a hold of the game and getting the wrong idea about its completeness, you could put some type of notification into the game itself explaining that it is still a WIP, just a thought though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, heheh. I'll leave feedback for it, yep :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best text game ever, just take your time with the work~ Cant wait for the WIP though >.<

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does one get on the bug-test list?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @chaoticwolfy1 just leave him(or her T_T I DONT KNOW WHICH GENDER YOU ARE FENOXO)a message on here or his/her furaffinity account under the same name when he/she posts the wip game telling him/her what bugs are there

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do donors also still get a release of the game earlier?

    ReplyDelete
  7. >.> how do we know if we are on your bug/test list?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't! I'll be going through my email and building an email mailing list, send out the file, then note everybody on FA my list, then PM everyone at FP on my list....ugh work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So even if we donated we may not get to bug/test version to give a go?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should. Every donation from paypal sent me an email. I MAY have deleted some of the early ones since the information was visible in paypal as well, but now I can't even see my logs there. Fucking Pricks. Anyhoo I wouldn't fret unless you see me post that I've sent them all out.

    ReplyDelete