Sunday, January 30, 2011

Codex: Imps

Height: 2 to 4 feet tall.
Build: Spindly
Skin Tone: Red, orange, or rarely, purple.
Hair Color: Rusty, red, black, and rarely brown.
Eye Color:  Totally black with glowing red pupils.
Typical Dress: Naked save for a ragged loincloth and a collection of small belts and pouches for storage.  They seem to have a fondness for wooden sandals as well.
Weaponry: Clawed hands and feet.
Notable Features: Four inch horns on their foreheads, small spaded tails, and tiny dragon-like wings. They are not particularly intelligent, always seeming to be about as smart as a human teenager.
Sexual Characteristics: A large human-like penis that seems to dwarf the rest of the imp, along with two human sized testes.  They do have an asshole comparable to a humans, though it seems to exist more for sport and pleasure than for waste removal.

(Editors Note: I wrote some of these up at work last week, I'll drop them on here as I feel like it :D)

6 comments:

  1. You're planning to add a bestiary?
    Or will the descriptions just vary a bit per imp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just like a little bestiary I'm putting on the blog when I feel like doing something other than coding or talking about what I'm coding. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like codexes ^^, so thanks for making one.
    Will you only upload them on your site?
    Or will you upload it in a seperate file when you release a new game?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They'll all be here until I get a bunch of them. If I can get some awesome artists to illustrate some of them I'd love to do something like the /d/ monster guide that gets posted on 4chan every now and again, and package it up to display here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something like the monstergirl codex thingie?
    That would be awesome, especially the art part.
    If I was any good at drawing I'd help you out...

    ReplyDelete
  6. While obviously that's more work for you, you could probably just as well program in a Codex into the game at later times, with the information becoming available after encountering the thing for the first time. You could even extend it to things like items or places, if you feel like.

    Plus, having a Codex in-game gives you the wonderful ability to give misinformation to the players, like Mass Effect 2

    ReplyDelete