Friday, August 5, 2011

Snake-Trap Comic & the Coding Master & Unfinished Char Viewer Up For DL

The character viewer flash app is done.  It will let you select existing save files and will attempt to display them.  There are still some numerous issues with it (no nipples, multidicks, hair/skin color, etc), but it gives a pretty solid approximation now :3  You can find it in the downloads section.

Snake-Trap's newest comic is awesome and you should all go buy it.   I'm not sure if playing the dungeon helped inspire it or not, but has a body growth set up that would be right at home with the demons ruling the wilds of Mareth, even if it uses World of Warcraft themed characters.

No I'm not being paid in any way for endorsing this, I just want to see Snake-Trap's stuff succeed because I love the comics he pushes out.

I also got to spend some time listening to John Carmac's talk from Quake Con.  Who is he?  One of the pioneers of modern 3d graphics technology, and a friggin' genius.  Even if some of the stuff he talks about is way outside my knowledge, I could listen to him ramble about this stuff for hours.



Wow does he ever make me feel like a terrible programmer.  It did inspire me to think on my engine a bit and I've got some big changes to help reduce the number of bugs in the next version.  I also want to do some kind of simpler parsing system and lock down variables a bit better to prevent some of the event crashers.   I think my next game is going to break away from CoC and take place in a more sci-fi setting, hopefully I can get started on it sometime in early winter and have a prototype done sometime decent. 

I did learn today how to make optional function arguments.   It was simple and again, I feel retarded for not knowing it.

14 comments:

  1. Eh, don't worry about your code being shitty or making mistakes. Just try to make 'em good ones. Similarly, don't worry about not using "all" of a given language; C++ is actually one of the best illustrations why that can be a Very Bad Thing indeed.

    I've found that as I've gotten more experienced over the years that I appreciate good design more and more rather than just nice coding style; you can usually figure out what an individual piece of code does after a while, but if you can't figure out the overall structure, you're hosed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might sound like a stupid question, but is there only 1 fightable tentacle beast? I killed it and haven't seen one again since then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice uh... alpha build(?) of the character viewer. Not gonna criticize anything because it's obviously a WIP. But from the looks of it, it'll be very awesome as time goes on.

    I just found it hard to load my save data from playing on FA. Finally managed to locate the .sol files and move them to the localhost folder from the FA one.

    For those not familiar with finding the files, do a search for coc and .sol and that should locate the files for you. Remember to include non-indexed, hidden and system files in your search.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just tested the urethra penetration with the minotaur and that doesn't work either. Tried every possible combination of the following, multiple times: Cock over 14", cock under 14", cock over 4" thick, cock under 4" thick, as herm, as male, me raping minotaur, minotaur raping me. No matter what I do the scene never happens. Is there some strange requirement you left out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The character viewer looks great so far and I'm really looking forward to the complete version.

    On a personal note, I'd really prefer that it showed an uncircumcised dick both as a matter of realism (you lose and regrow that thing so often most people have probably lost count by now) and personal preference (mgmbill.org).
    Is there any chance you could make that an option or would it take too much work?

    ReplyDelete
  7. would it be possible to put a delete button for your accounts in the game? i fidn myself not likeing my accounts and wanting to just get rid of them so i can start off 100% fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @David - tentacle beast has been pretty rare for a while. I like it that way, it makes it special. As for the minotaur thing...I found a bug in it where I required > 1 dick, then required dicks == 1. You can see why it never triggered >.<

    @John I'm not going to spend time doing circumsized vs other. For one the artist has drawn me a TON of stuff and I'm not going to overwork him any more than I already have.

    @Damien I've thought about it and it may eventually become a reality but its way down on the list since you can just start a new game and save over an old one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alternatively you can go to "my computer" in windows and do a file search for .sol files. Find the files that say "CoC1.sol", "CoC2.sol", etc. Those are the save files and you can just right click them to delete them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It would be nice if the incubus draft or another item would give you balls, as it is theres no way to get your balls back after losing them(pink egg) without getting a horse penis as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it possible to buff corrupted Jojo so he can actually rape my character during forest encounters? His lust always maxes out and he doesn't seem to have any tease/seduce attacks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you could nearly kill your character and try to find him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think going into heat is the only way to lose to jojo via lust. I know that if he isn't fully corrupted he will still purify you then, but I don't know if he is fully corrupted.

    ReplyDelete
  14. In future releases of the character viewer, would a connection between 'lust' and penile/nipple erectness be possible? For instance, showing the organ in question as erect ONLY when the Lust stat is high enough for masturbation?

    ReplyDelete